Monday, June 04, 2007

Seattle, Portland and Grants Pass

We had a very nice Mother's Day weekend in Seattle, lots of yummy food, good company, shopping, and baseball! It is a VERY LONG car ride from LaPine, but we made the best of it. 5 of us in dad's 4-Runner. Jeff, Mom, and me in the back seat. It's a good thing we all like each other....and that we all showered!


I had a meeting in Portland the following Thursday for work and decided to stay an extra day and hang out with a couple of my roommates from Junior year of college. We had some much needed girl time. I have new appreciation for stay at home moms - they wore me out, and I was only there for 24 hours!




We went to my parent's house over Memorial Day weekend. Some of my cousins were there - I got to play with baby Luci, my cousin Jon and his wife, Erin's 9 month old. We watched the parade on Saturday, bar-b-qued on Sunday after church, saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and watched the jet boat races on Monday. We took Jesse and Chester with us, and discovered 2 things - they do NOT like long car rides and loud boats.


This last week our well started making some cha-chug, cha-chug noises....and over the weekend we started losing a lot of water pressure! We used as little water as possible and did laundry at Curt's parents' house yesterday afternoon. Today, the well fix-it man came and fixed it. Thankfully, it wasn't anything major and I can now wash my dishes. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

No comments: