Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Snowing

I thought Curtis was just trying to get a reaction out of me when he looked out the window and excalimed "IT'S SNOWING!" For some reason I didn't believe him, until I looked outside and saw these pretty, white, fluffy flakes falling from the sky. All I could think was, "great, it's snowing and we haven't put my snow tires on the car yet and the stupid road maintence guys won't get the highway de-iced until AFTER I get to work and I'm going to get in a wreck on the way to work in the morning..." I know what you're thinking - wow, someone forgot to take her happy pills. I do like snow, but what I don't like is driving a 4-door car in the snow when EVERYONE else in Central Oregon is driving a 100-ton jacked up diesel truck thing that's wheels are bigger than my car. It's scary, especially because they drive fast and have no regard for us little cars on the road!

Anyhoo, the road guys did get the highway cleared before I left for work and I had a very uneventful drive. I think it' supposed to snow off and on for the next 5 days or so, but I see blue sky out my window!

PS - Mom and Dad, hope you're ready for a white Thanksgiving :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi baby--probably be Friday or after when you get to this; so
"Happy Weekend!" I have Friday
off for Veterans' Day and I wish I could climb in my little car and drive over to see you, but I'm doing what I did last year on Veterans' Day--on the couch with a bad cold. Nothing terminal, unfortunately. I tried to teach today with no voice, and my class enjoyed trying to read my directions to them that I wrote on the overhead. They were really good until the novelty wore off and my projector bulb burned out.
There was a half-day sub in the building so I took advantage of her and came home about 12:30. Been trying to sleep, but the phone keeps ringing, so I guess I'll get up and cook dinner. I'm not sure of the protocol for bloggers--I'm probably supposed to be commenting wittily on your entry instead of this drivel which could just as easly be read in a private email instead of posted.
Live and learn. Love you lots.
How much snow DID you get?

Shara said...

We didn't get very much, maybe 1/2 an inch and it's all melted now anyway. But it is supposed to snow this weekend which is why I spent 2 hours at Les Schwab this morning having them put on my snow tires.

Sorry to hear you're sickly :(

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I got new tires on the 4-Runner -- "aggressive" tread and "big footprint" (6 ply babies)! We're headed to LaPine for Thansgiving!
Dad

Shara said...

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see you guys! It hasn't snowed since Tuesday!