Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Catch Up Time

Let's see, what have we been up to the past 6 weeks or so?

Feb 9 we headed over to Milwaukie for a funeral for a friend/co-worker of Curtis'. As we started down the west side of Santiam Pass, a smallish avalanche happened right before our eyes! 12 feet deep and it blocked the entire road. We were stuck for about an hour and a half.

Feb 14 - we used my boss's reservations at Pine Tavern in Bend for dinner (he had to help his son study for a big test the next day.) We splurged and got Mud Pie for desert - yum!

Feb 16 was "seriously, we need to clean this house" day because it was my turn to host Bunco on Thursday, Feb 21.

Feb 21 - hosted Bunco!

Feb 22-24: took a quick trip to Portland to visit with friends. We were there for a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend's hubby....we tried to see as many people as we could because we don't often make it over to Portland. It felt like all we did was eat! I quenched my thirst for Chevy's margaritas (it was way too late to have fajitas, so a taco was second best). Thank you to everyone who agreed to meet up with us at the last minute - we had a blast visiting with all of you!

March 1 - Curtis dragged me to the Sportsman Show at the Deschutes County Fairgrounds.....let's just say, um, NEVER AGAIN. So boring. Why do I want to pay good money to look at a bunch of stuff that doesn't interest me and that I could see for FREE at the places where the stuff is sold? Plus, they sell beer there, so you have a bunch of rednecks walking around drinking and looking at guns and other "sportsman" stuff.

March 8 - I went to a "girls night" at Eagle Crest with a bunch of my female co-workers. Ah, good times: booze and highly stressed out women. It was lots of fun, we played rounds and rounds of Catch Phrase (I was told many times, "You're SO good at this!) and even a game of Pictionary. I think things finally quieted down around 4am (that's taking into consideration that we lost an hour in there). I can't remember the last time I was up that late, but it was a much needed girl time.

I can hardly believe it's March already - we've been enjoying the fabulous weather we've been having. Don't worry, we still have plenty of snow in our yard - mostly because we had the snow pushed off our roof. Here are the piles that will probably be there until June:

No comments: