Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Who Knew You'd Need WMD's to Carve a Pumpkin!

On Sunday afternoon Curtis and I set off with some friends to the Central Oregon Pumpkin Co. for an afternoon of fun! There is a corn maize, lots of yummy, sugary (ie off limits for Shara, but I did manage to find a fresh squeezed lemonade stand that made my lemonade with Splenda) treats, hay rides, pony rides, a pumpkin shooter, and, of course, the pumpkin patch. Here is Curtis and me after going through the pirate themed corn maize.


We got back pretty late, after what was supposed to be a quick stop at the new Super Walmart in Redmond, but ended up taking almost 2 hours! So, tonight we decided to carve our pumpkin.


Mr. Pumpkin has pretty thick skin, so Curtis gave up using a knife and pumpkin carver and broke out the recriprocating saw (I love my hubby - there is a power tool for everything in life and YES, I knew the name of the saw and didn't have to ask).


There was one casuality:


Pumpkin with the WMDs:


We're not very good carvers, but hey, you try carving through 6 inches of pumpkin! Here he is, all lit up with a Pumpkin Spice candle:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one huge pumpkin! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

I guess everything's bigger in La Pine. :)

And now I'm craving lemonade, which is weird during October . . .

Anonymous said...

great jock o' lantern!!