Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems like the summer has just flown by, but that could be because our Spring/Summer starts about 6 weeks after all the nice weather starts on the other side of the mountains and ends sooner, too. This morning when I left for work, the fog and crispness in the air reminded me of OCTOBER in the valley. Sigh.

Anyway, 2 weekends ago my mom and I had a girls trip to Tacoma for my cousin's daughter's first birthday. We had lots of fun visiting and watching Luci smear cake all over her face! On the way home, we stopped at the new IKEA in Portland. Boy was that a mistake, I think all of the Portland/Vacouver area were trying to get in the store. They even had people directing parking like at the county fair!

Last weekend my parents brought my grandma up for a visit. This is the first time she's been to our new house. We had lots of fun visiting with her and showing her central Oregon. We got to do lots of things we don't normally do because we live here. We took her to the top of Pilot Butte where you can see all of Bend and get a great view of the mountains. We also took her to the top of Paulina Peak on Sunday, but it was too couldy to see anything.


This weekend we're off to Belknap Hot Springs to celebrate our 3rd anniversary (it was 8/21.

No comments: