Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful

Here's a rare occurance: our boss told us to close the office and go home at 2pm today! Since I've lived here, we've never had a snow day, only the occasional close early days. We got about 10 inches in 4 hours...that's a lotta snow!

It feels like Christmas out of a movie here. There is something about this time of year that draws reflection...reflecting on the past year, and looking forward to the New Year. Sadly, part of my job is notsofun – I see a lot of foreclosures come across my desk and I can't help but feel sadness for those families. A home lost, a dream spoiled. As I sit in my comfy, overstuffed chair, next to the Christmas tree, I can’t help but feel blessed. Sure, I have struggles and times when I can truly feel the weight of the world on my shoulders (good thing I have Curtis to rub out those knots), but I am one lucky girl. I have a roof over my head, a job to pay for that roof, a husband to share things with under that roof, friends to entertain under that roof, family to host under that roof, pets (who just want to love us and be ascloseaspossible) to keep warm under that roof, and memories to make under that roof.

My mind drifts to the Doxology:
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: