Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Belknap Hot Springs

Last year, Curtis and I spent the weekend at Belknap Hot Springs for our 4th anniversary. We loved it and had a blast. My parents surprised us at Christmas and gave us a gift certificate to go back, so we decided last minute to spend the weekend of my birthday there (my 29th birthday was on June 7th). Last year, we hiked up to the Blue Pool (as suggested by the firendly Forest Service man). We didn't make it up there this year, but a couple we met hiked up there and emailed us some pictures.

A little history: EWEB (Eugene Water and Electric Board) diverted the McKenzie River about 6 miles above the Blue Pool for electricity for Eugene/Springfield. At the Blue Poole, the McKenzie popped up out of the ground and started running down it's old riverbed. Last year this is what the Blue Pool looked like:


Looking directly at where the waterfall should be.


Where people would come out after hiking OVER the waterfall.


The view from the top of the waterfall.

This year, we've had such a wet/snowy winter, this is what it looks like:





We had a very nice time, just relaxing. It rained part of the time, so we watched PS I Love You - I haven't cried that much during a movie since watching The Notebook.

1 comment:

Mands said...

PS I love you...OMG! I was a basket case watching that movie! I had to take crying breaks! They shouldn't be allowed to make movies like that! Happy belated birthday!